August 1974 - KISS begins recording their second album, Hotter Than Hell, in L.A. and is released 10/22/74. Hotter Than Hell is well known for its striking cover: the front cover featured Japanese manga-influenced artwork, and the back cover I cannot show - this is a family website. The Japanese character on the bottom of the album cover (力) is chikara, which means "power." It would later be used on various forms of KISS material during the 1970s and 1980s, most prominently displayed on Eric Carr's drum kit (he is the reason I played drums).
Hotter Than Hell has some of the best KISS classics; my favorite KISS song Let Me Go Rock and Roll and a close second Got To Choose - these songs, to me, still beat anything put out today.
The one thing you can give KISS credit for is putting on the best live show.... It was around the release of Hotter Than Hell that the live show started creating a buzz around the band. Even my wife would agree.
I know this posting has nothing to do with family events or the kids - All I can say is GET OVER IT and Rock and Roll All Night and Party Everyday.



1 comment:
Rock n Roll Baby!!!
Post a Comment