Halloween 2011


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

KISS

So, as an Islander fan, this is a big year since the drafting of John Tavarez. Once tickets went on sale for the Islanders vs the Penguins, we had to get them - this is a chance to shut Tony and Steve up being that they are Pittsburgh fans...Thanks guys.

So we got the tickets and we were set. That is when the greatest band in American history decided to release the North American tour dates... Once released the two obvious options were Nassau Coliseum or MSG. The coliseum was out - this was Aly's Sweet 16. So MSG here we come. Once I told Jenn she hit me with the dreaded "haven't we spent enough $$$ lately". My stomach hit the floor. So from that point on I decided to figure a way to get this done - or BEG. My Boss at work was trying to get me to "man up" and lay the law down at home - if you know me and Jenn - NOT HAPPENING. So I was going to purchase tickets and hope for the best. I remember being completely blue on a Thursday (48 hours for tickets to go on sale). Jenn kept asking me what was going on - but I did not want to make her feel bad (awww).

I think Jenn went out shopping that night and I went on the computer and saw on the drop down that TICKETMASTER was viewed. Could this be hope? is this the break I need? Well unfortunately I was not that confident and continued to be blue.

The next day - my boss Gerard had asked me if I laid the law down... (you know the answer). While we were talking I told him about the Ticketmaster link on the computer. That is when he abruptly got off the phone. Not thinking of anything Jenn had called me in my office and asked where I was (she called me in my office). That is when she laid the law down and told me the Anniversary surprise (10th) of a lifetime - KISS tickets @ Mohegan Sun and a room @ MGM Grand...... Could you say SWEET.... Turns out Gerard and many others were in on it... Thanks everyone.

Off to the show.

So once we checked in at MGM Grand it took over two hours and our room was not ready - WTF? exactly what I mumbled. I went to the desk after have a great lunch at "Juniors of Brooklyn" and was shocked to hear we were upgraded to a "suite" - could you say SWEET for a SUITE... I sure as shit did.

Here is a pick of our over sized bathroom with large shower and hot tub

Do really want any more details?


Getting ready for the show - could not pick which shirt to wear

A little scare - doors opened about an hour late. Scared, nervous.... yes I was. BUCKCHERRY opened the show and we had a blast. Here is a pic while the KISS staged was being set up.

This is what happens when KISS starts a show - you go blind


Pic from a local paper


The show was incredible - I can't thank Jenn enough it was the best anniversary present you can ask for. I'm truly lucky to have a loving and beautiful wife... Love You Honey.
Here some videos of the show - click the song.....










YOU WANTED THE BEST
YOU GOT THE BEST
KISS

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

Awww, how cute. Happy anniversary! Glad you had a wonderful time. And thanks for the pic of the tub. :D

2007 Evans Family Year in Review